Backend Engineer DevOps
The ultimate rise of e-commerce was highlighted with the pandemic, while the need to stop global warming is more important than ever. Our mission is to finally make online shopping conscious and sustainable. Footprint is an AI-based SaaS technology that allows online shoppers to measure their feet with their smartphone to always find the perfect fitting shoe. Thus, we reduce size-related returns and avoid unnecessary CO2 emissions.
We are a strong, experienced team, coming from award-winning innovation hubs, and the know-how to build impact-making products. And we need you to support us with our software development as a Backend Engineer with an additional focus on DevOps. Do you care about the environment and want to connect it to your passion for software development? Great! We can work really well together.
- Design and develop backend apps and APIs
- Develop reusable libraries
- Optimize the applications for performance and responsiveness
- Implement CI/CD pipelines and DevOps best practices in Azure
- Ensure cross-platform optimization for different eCommerce systems
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
What you bring
- Ideally a completed degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- Proven experience in developing backend applications in the cloud, ideally using Node.js/ Nest.js and Typescript
- Hands-on experience with test-driven development (TDD) and CI/CD pipelines on MS-Azure cloud
- Genuine interest and a good understanding of DevOps principles
- Having fun solving complex problems
- Good level of English (minimum C1 level)
Nice to have
- Experience with Azure App Service, Kubernetes (AKS) and Docker
- Experience with Azure Active Directory
- Experience in using Grafana and Sentry (or similar)
- Working knowledge of frontend app development
What we offer
- Direct constructive feedback, great scope for creativity, and mutual learning
- Guidance and support from the right mentors from our exclusive network of experts
- Remote-hybrid work culture: giving maximum freedom and trust with working times and location
- Opportunity to further develop your experience by certified training when required
- A competitive salary and steep career opportunities thanks to continuous growth
- Monthly extra credit with Edenred, redeemable in a large store partner network
We are a team that values transparency and reliability. We master challenges, find solutions, and grow together as a team and as a company!
Hours: 40 hours per week
Start date: Spring 2022
Please send your CV and brief cover letter to: email@example.com.